HarbourCats to offer electronic and on-line 50-50 draws in 2024

June 7, 2024

Victoria, BC – No more buckets, no more ripping tickets, no more counting cash and coins at the last second!  This year the HarbourCats are finally joining the modern era and moving their 50-50 raffle to an electronic and on-line format!

Partnering with the Victoria HarbourCats Foundation and with RAFFLEBOX, fans at HarbourCats games will now have the ease and convenience of using electronic raffle machines to purchase their 50-50 tickets at the games, but also the ability to go online with their phones and purchase tickets at the game or in advance for every one of the HarbourCats 32 home games this season, even those they can not attend!

In fact anyone in BC can now do the same.

This on-line ability is of great appeal to the 32 community sports organizations and other charitable groups who have already signed up to work the 50-50 at all of the HarbourCats home games, as it means they can start marketing their raffle sites the morning of their games via their own media and social media channels  – the HarbourCats can do the same – and by the time game time rolls around later in the day, there could already be a substantial jackpot available, even before the first pitch!  Which of course would then, hopefully, spur more people at the games to purchase tickets at the game, building the jackpot even further.

“The response to our 50-50 raffle this year has been terrific,” said Christian Stewart, GM of the HarbourCats. “We were sold out of slots for the 32 games a full three months ago and we have a waiting list of at least 15 other groups.  We fully expect our jackpots and hence, the net benefit to these groups, to be much higher this season and we are excited to see how it all plays out.”

Under the new system, the Victoria HarbourCats Foundation is the main operator of the 50-50 draw and holds the license with BC Gaming.  They will share in the proceeds of the raffles with the various interest groups, with the Foundation getting 20% of the proceeds and the volunteer group the other 80% after any Rafflebox commissions.   And of course the lucky winner gets to take home 50% of the full jackpot!

HARBOURCATS 50-50 ONLINE SALES

Get your tickets now and good luck!!

 


source