FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – October 18, 2016
VICTORIA, B.C. – Planning is well underway for the Victoria HarbourCats 2017 season and those plans call for the return of many fan favourite event games and in-game promotions as the club celebrates their fifth season in the West Coast League.
Over the past four years Royal Athletic Park has truly become a community gathering place during the summer months in Victoria, and much of this has to do with the atmosphere and experience that comes with a summer evening or afternoon at the ballpark with friends and family.
On Opening Day of the 2017 season, dubbed “Season V”, the HarbourCats will become the first Victoria-based baseball team to play a fifth season since the Victoria Athletics (1946-51). Since debuting in 2013, the HarbourCats have cemented themselves as a model franchise in the West Coast League, a premier summer collegiate baseball league and one of the most stable baseball circuits in operation today.
The 2017 regular season schedule is expected to be released next week. Events returning in 2017 include:
- Fireworks Nights: Baseball and fireworks are a winning combination! The HarbourCats again will hold fireworks nights at Royal Athletic Park in 2017, dates to be determined. HarbourCats fireworks displays rival any show you will see. Set up in center field immediately following the baseball game, the 18-minute display rivals the best fireworks shows in Victoria.
- Jerseys Off Our Backs Fans attending this game can enter a draw to win a game-worn jersey from that night’s game, straight off the back of a HarbourCats player. Draws are made immediately following the conclusion of the game. Winners are invited to the field where the players will present their jerseys and pose for photos.
- School Spirit Day: School groups are invited to this special June weekday afternoon game. More than 1,600 students attended this game in 2016 making it one of the most exciting game days of the season.
- Food Truck Night: The HarbourCats spend a night highlighting one of the unique features that sets Royal Athletic Park apart. HarbourCats games feature a diverse selection of high-quality food options with several of the best food trucks in Victoria on-site for every game.
- Salute to Legion: The HarbourCats recognize and pay tribute to local Royal Canadian Legions and Canadian Forces with a pregame ceremony on the field and special ticket offers for local Legions.
- Bark in the Park: Bring your dog to the game! Wildly popular in 2016, enjoy this special game with your favourite four-legged friend with dogs welcome in the park for this one game only.
- Canada Day: Don your best red and white apparel and celebrate Canada’s birthday with an afternoon at the ball game.
- Harvey’s Birthday: A favourite among the young fans, our beloved mascot Harvey celebrates his birthday at the ballpark. Special treats and opportunities for kids at this game.
Popular recurring theme nights will also return next season:
- Forces Fridays with Galaxy Motors: Active and veteran Canadian Forces members as well as first responders receive $5 general admission to all Friday home games.
- Winning Wednesday with Spinnakers: All Spinnakers products are $5 at all Wednesday home games. This includes HarbourCat Ale, sold only at HarbourCats home games.
The complete game day promotions schedule will be announced closer to the season.
The HarbourCats are also returning many popular in-game activities, which have made baseball at Royal Athletic Park among the best summertime entertainment experiences in Victoria. These include activities unique to HarbourCats games like Protect your Pills presented by St. Anthony’s Pharmacy and other universal ballpark staples like the Dizzy Bat Race and the Mascot Race.
2017 SEASON TICKETS
Season tickets for the HarbourCats 2017 season are on sale now. 2017 Season tickets purchased by November 7 include free 2017 playoff tickets.
The offer is contingent on the HarbourCats qualifying for the playoffs, which they did in 2016 after setting a league record for wins. The HarbourCats have increased their win total in each of their first four seasons.
Over 60,000 fans attended HarbourCats games in 2016 for an average of 2,239 fans per game. Secure your favorite seat today for the 2017 season.
Seating location and pricing options are as follows—
DIAMOND CLUB SEATS (Field Level Box Seats in 2016)
$550 (SOLD OUT)
MAIN GRANDSTAND (Section 10, covered)
PREMIUM SEATING (Sections 6-7-8-9-11-12, blue bucket seats)
GENERAL ADMISSION (Silver bleachers, picnic areas, wheelchair seating, soccer grandstand)
*All prices listed are base price, and do not include fees or GST.
Visit the HarbourCats office at 101-1814 Vancouver Street or call (778)-265-0327 to purchase season tickets or for more information. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details, or go to the team website at harbourcats.com.
HARBOURCATS HOTSTOVE SET FOR NOVEMBER 5
The HarbourCats Hotstove is returning and will take place Saturday, November 5 at Yates Street Taphouse.
The event will be headlined by ‘meet and greet’ as well as Q & A sessions with special guests, 16-year MLB player and current Sportsnet baseball analyst Gregg Zaun, and Sportsnet personality Sid Seixeiro.
Local personality Mira Laurence will serve as the evening’s emcee.
Tickets for the event are on sale for $50 and include admission, drink ticket and door prizes. Silent auctions will also take place throughout the evening.
There will be special offers at the Hotstove on 2017 HarbourCats tickets (vouchers) and merchandise.
Tickets are available by visiting or calling the HarbourCats office: 101-1814 Vancouver Street/(778)-265-0327. More information at: http://harbourcats.com/packages/harbourcatshotstove/
2017 SEATTLE VACATION
The HarbourCats are staging their second consecutive fan vacation to Seattle in 2017 to see the Blue Jays take on the Mariners.
The 2017 vacation takes place June 9-11, 2017 and will include:
- Travel on Wilson’s Transportation buses from to and from Victoria and Seattle. Ferry cost also included.
- Field level tickets for all three Blue Jays @ Mariners games at Safeco Field.
- Two nights at the Hilton Embassy Lynnwood.
Total cost is $798 per person (based on double occupancy). Different rates available for triple as well as single occupancy.
Registration for HarbourCats season ticket holders is $725 (based on double occupancy). The trip is not expected to interfere with the HarbourCats home schedule, as the team is expected to be on the road during this time.
To register, contact Carey Shelby at Flight Centre (1-866-299-5614) or email@example.com
The HarbourCats office (1814 Vancouver Street, 778-265-0327) is open and operating under off-season hours.
Off-season hours are as follows:
MONDAY-THURSDAY – 10:00am-6:00pm
FRIDAY – 10:00am-4:00pm
SATURDAY-SUNDAY – Closed (Except by appointment)